Wedding Pricing - 2017
Below are some overall price guidelines. We want you to stay within your budget, so we offer a wide variety of options. Let us know your specific desires and we’ll work closely with you to customize your event.
We can do an estimate for you in a matter of minutes, so please feel free to stop by, call, email or use this
Site Rental* - $0 to $4000
- Exclusive use of the property (lodge and farmhouse and 6.5 acres) and all amenities (with all rooms booked for two nights)
- 24/7 attention from Anne & Bill and lodge staff to coordinate all event arrangements and guests needs
- Wedding consultation: planning and execution of your event, contingency planning, itinerary consultation, help with invites, room bookings, and communicating with your destination guests
- Full-service catering and bartending
- Arrival refreshments, marshmallow roast (s’mores) at campfire, guided hike to waterfalls, farm animal feedings
*rates vary by duration and season, entire weekend, daily rentals or room rentals are available
Rehearsal Dinner - $20-$35 per person
We'll help you design a meal customized to your particular tastes. In summer and fall, a cookout or some other informal meal is popular at Mountain Meadows. Cost will vary depending on the number of people and the theme chosen. A typical rehearsal dinner is ~$25.00 per person. (An 20% service charge is customarily added, and VT taxes apply.)
Reception - $35-$65 per person
We'll help you design a meal customized to your particular tastes. A cocktail hour with appetizers, followed by a family-style or buffet meal are popular at Mountain Meadows. Cost will vary depending on the number of people and the menu chosen. An average reception dinner is about $51 per person. Here are some ideas.
A typical meals includes a variety of appetizers, two entrees, vegetable, potatoes, salad and bread/rolls and wedding cake for dessert. (An 20% service charge is customarily added and VT state tax applies.)
Wedding Cake / Dessert
One option is to have Mountain Meadows Lodge do your cake and/or dessert. We make wedding cakes, pies, cheesecakes, cupcakes, and a whole host of other desserts. Generally desserts here are $4.25 per person.
Here's a link to our list of cakes made here.
OR... We can help you pick a wedding cake supplier and make the delivery arrangements for you. We'll store it, cut it, serve it and pack up any extra for you to take home.
Bar charges are based on consumption. We will work with you to determine the type of bar arrangement you would like to offer for your guests’ responsible enjoyment.
We'll help you plan any arrangement that fits your needs:
In most instances, the following pricelist will be used (plus tax and gratuity). If you plan on an "open bar" the average cost per person at Mountain Meadows has been ~$28 per person for a Friday night event and ~$36 per person for a Saturday event.
- "open bar" [where you pay]
- "open bar" for beer and wine; cash bar for liquor [very popular]
- "open bar" with a time limitation then convert to "cash bar"
- wine during dinner
- "open bar" with a certain budgeted amount or time frame, then convert to cash bar
And speaking of wine, we can get pretty much any wine that you like, but here is a list of house wines. We've chosen wines that donate a portion of sales to a charity. Each glass of wine you and your guests consume goes to help a cause!
- Liquor: $8.50-$10.00 and up; cordials and brandies – various prices
- Wine: $7.50 - $8.50 per glass of wine (depends on the wine chosen)
- Beer: most for $6
- Soft drinks, lemonade, ice-teas, smoothies – $2.50 and up
Our house beers are generally draft beers that you will choose, we'll probably help you choose one lighter and one darker. We'll generally have these Vermont beers in bottles:
Long Trail Ale,
Long Trail Limbo,
Harpoon UFO White,
Magic Hat Circus Boy,
as well as Guinness, Sam Adams Rebel IPA, Bud, Bud Light, Corona, and some others. You can certainly request your favorite beer as well.
- Trinity Oaks Pinot Grigio – Environment: For every bottle sold they plant a tree
- One Hope Sauvignon Blanc – Environment: partnering with American Forests, every bottle sold plants a tree
- Handcraft Winery Malbec – Supporting breast cancer research, prevention, and awareness programs
- One Hope Merlot – Provides medicine to underprivileged children for disease prevention
- Soul Sister Pinot Noir, Calling All Angels Chardonnay, and California 37 Cabernet Sauvignon -- From Save Me, San Francisco Wine Co. Together with winemaker James Foster & the band Train they donate the proceeds from the sales to support the Family House, a non-profit that provides temporary housing to families of sick children
- We also keep in-house a fine Shiraz, a Reisling, and a white zinfandel
We generally stock Twisted Tea and Woodchuck hard cider.
For guests the room rate is $145.00 (some exceptions) for all rooms at Mountain Meadows (and at the Greenbrier in most cases), plus tax. The price is based on double occupancy - no charge for kids 12 & under and includes an expanded continental breakfast. For "high-season" events, all rooms must be rented at Mountain Meadows (but not at the Greenbrier) for Friday & Saturday for this rate to apply. This rate is available for guests arriving earlier than Friday and staying Sunday and beyond. For most destination weddings, guests expect to pay for their own rooms.
Rental of Equipment
Pass-through charges with a 6.5% mark-up apply for rental equipment that Mountain Meadows rents from various Vermont companies. Lauren and MML staff will make all the necessary arrangements for your tent, tables, linens, napkins and their delivery; sample prices are below based on recent pricing schedules of the suppliers.
See also www.celebrateinvermont.com.
|Dance Floor 18’ x 18’||$504.00
|Tent 40’ x 60’||$1,440.00
|Tables ||$9.00 - $13.00 each
|Chairs (white resin padded)||$3.50 each
|Ornamental lighting for the tent||$240.00
|Setting (china, flatware, glassware)||~$5.50 per person
|Linens (napkins and tablecloths)||$20-35/table
Lunches and breakfasts for non-lodge guests: ~$11.00-$11.95 per person (plus tax).